The Lodi Rampage

Falling into a New Season

On Friday, Sept. 7, Lodi High School kicked off the 2018-2019 school year with an unforgettable fall pep rally, in which all fall sports were showcased. The following fall sports that participated in the pep rally and showcased their seniors were Boys Soccer, Cheerleading, Football, Girls Soccer, Girls Tennis, and Girls Volleyball. The following seniors were highlighted for their achievements:

• Boys Soccer- Edwin Arias, Erick Campoverde, Andy Duran, Irving Duran, Alexis Fernandez, Derek Jerez, Timothy Mayer, Estevin Orsorio, Gary Peralta, Santiago Ramirez, Angel Saboya, and Lenin Villacres.
  • Cheerleading- Jennifer Avila, Chelsie Bartoloni, Alexa Erickson, Ny’Asia Frost, Nikole Lange, Natasha Lopez, Hayley Mantilla, and Caterina Messina
  • Football- Amir Batts, Matthew Bruno, Jeremy Cruz, Devon Delgado, Francisco Duron, Jonathan Duron, Kyle Leach, Fransisco Mendez, Isaac Palikodath, Jonavin Soto, Sean Tocci, Jorgo Trushi, Steven Vasquez, and Anthony Zakrzewski,
  • Girls Soccer- Mary Margaret Breny, Daysia Bubenik, Hardeep Kaur, Kamila Tomczyck, and Andrea Vasquez
  • Tennis- Julia Guinto, Rochele Hernandez, Aashka Mistry, and Sabiha Shahab
  • Volleyball- Andrea Alvarado, Milandeep Batth, Victoria Cassera, Kaya Luckzo, and Zainab Mubasher

To end off this year’s fall pep rally we acknowledged and cheered on all of our talented Rams. We want to wish all of the fall sports good luck during this 2018 fall season; we know you’ll  make us proud, win or lose!

Special thanks to Amanda Johnston and Anthony Scrafano for filming the pep rally! <3

About the Contributor
Driton Cadraku, Writer

Q: Why did you want to join the Rampage?

A: I love to edit and there were no other classes that provided the opportunity to edit in class like the one offered in the Rampage. So I thought that it was cool that our school provided a class that allowed us to edit for our school’s website.

Q: Do you still feel like a junior or has it hit you that you’re a senior?

A: I’ve always had senioritis, but it does feel weird to think that I am a senior. I know that I am, but sometimes it feels like I’m not. It’s just crazy how time flies.

Q: What are three words you’d say describe yourself?

A: Funny, because I am funny.. Interesting because sometimes the things that I say are really interesting, but in a good way. And energetic because, around the people with whom I feel most comfortable, I’m always hyper and I get into funny conversations.

Q: What is the one vine that will always be your favorite? (RIP Vine)

A: Okay, it’s a weird one but there’s this one where they’re in a supermarket and the girl zooms in and someone’s face just comes in front and says ‘BONQUISHA.’ That one makes me wheeze. Or the guy is taking a selfie and he puts it to his dog and the dog does a smile; those vines always make me smile. 

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0hz5kzYLqY — vine for reference)

Q: What would you say is the one thing you need to survive high school?

A: Friends. I couldn’t have survived these whole four years without the people that I became friends with.

• Falling into a New Season

2018-2019

The Importance of Self-Care

• Falling into a New Season

2018-2019

Women in S.T.E.M.

• Falling into a New Season

2018-2019

Dressed for Respect!

• Falling into a New Season

2018-2019

Meaning Behind the Music: Materialism

• Falling into a New Season

2018-2019

The Ramcast: Rambling with Kat Valdivieso

• Falling into a New Season

2018-2019

Questions: The Revival

• Falling into a New Season

2018-2019

The Ramcast: Rambling with Carlos Lopez

• Falling into a New Season

2018-2019

Applying Yourself to Your Application

• Falling into a New Season

2018-2019

Baby Pros and Baby Nos

• Falling into a New Season

2018-2019

Brand New Movie Taboo: The English Department