Tender, Love, and Care Will Take You Anywhere

On Thursday, April 4, The junior Student Council members raised about $600 to purchase “sweet cases” from the non-profit TogetherWeRise.org. The members heard about Together We Rise and they are actively trying to change the experiences of children in foster care. As a result of moving from one foster care to another, children often lose their belongings. Therefore, each member of the junior Student Council was responsible for at least $25.00 worth of items to fill the Sweet Cases. The Sweet Cases include duffel bags that the juniors filled with teddy bears, blankets, hygiene kits, coloring books, and crayons.  The students, personally, decorated these bags with motivational quotes and hand drawn pictures. They plan to donate the duffel bags to the Passaic County Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA), which assists and advocates for children of NJ who are neglected, abused and placed in the system. When asked if she will continue running the event for more years to come, Mrs. Gorski answered, “I am sincerely proud of our Lodi High School students and all of their efforts to help our local children in need, and I hope to continue this for many more years.” By giving back to the children of the community, these juniors are restoring faith and happiness to others and are making a change with one sweet bag at a time.